Tuesday, January 25, 2011

New beginnings

Hi Ourhumblecastle fans!

This blog will have two purposes: 

The first will be to function as a personal knitting journal of sorts- I'll be posting progress & finished objects here. You'll get to see what I'm knitting for myself, for others, what I design... It's a way for you to get to know me as a fiber artist- my tastes, talents, and, of course... a few muck-ups along the way I am sure.

The second function will be to keep you yarn & fiber lovers up to date on my shop. You can also follow my shop on Facebookravelry, and twitter, but the most detailed news will be here. 

Now that we've got that figured out, I hope to see you around! 

~Sarah-Ashley Ortiz 
AKA Skookumgirl, 
Owner & Creative Mind behind Ourhumblecastle

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! I found a way through HootSuite to have my blog update Twitter when I have a new post. You might want to look into that.

    LOL, there are so many ways to see the world. My mom grew up on a farm, in a town of 430 people. I grew up here. I think a "real" city has skyscrapers, art Museums, ethnic food and a subway system.

    Lansing's small enough to run into people one knows all over the place. At least, if you are me and know as many folks as I seem to know...

    Lansing is low overhead. It lets me travel to other places.

    I literally dream, though, that I live in skyscrapers. At least a few times a year it's really vivid, including looking for parking and talking to the doorman. It probably won't happen but I would like it, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. here's my first question....how do you dye your yarn? you have some crazy color schemes!

    ReplyDelete