Friday, February 18, 2011

Bare...yarn

I am so excited! My first wholesale shipment of yarns & fibers came in today. This is a huge milestone for me. I feel like a real businesswomen now! I was sharing over on my Ravelry group that I both want to dye everything all at once, and save it all until I have colorways that I think are worthy of this yummy yarn. I hardly know where to begin!

It was really cool to watch the Fedex tracking page for my package- I refreshed the page as the box was delivered- and sure enough, it said delivered! Right the very minute the box came. I had to take a picture to share with you, even though I'm sure it won't be nearly as exciting to you as it is to me:



I'm excited the way a painter is at the sight of a bare canvas, the way a new teacher is when they see all their students as having unlimited potential, as a musician with a new violin in hand, as a mother at the news she is expecting, but she doesn't know who it is she'll give birth to yet.

Ah. But it doesn't stay bare for long. as soon as I post this, I'm heading to take a skein out of the dye pot. Swagger. (That's the name of the yarn) MCN. (That's what's in it) Swoon. (That's what I'm going to do)

No comments:

Post a Comment