Sunday, February 20, 2011

The colors, they remind me of spring

Greetings from a white, white Michigan!

While the weather outside may be white and bland, at least there is some bright pretty color coming out of my dye pot! I'm going to show you four new things- two new yarn lines, and two new colorways- and I'm going to do it in only two pictures. (sneaky of me eh?)

First, there is this pretty skein on Swagger:

Isn't it cheery? It's so light and airy, with all the little pops of soft spring colors coming through. And the yarn itself- Oh my goodness! I would like to take it to bed with me and use it for my pillow, it is so soft and cuddly and amazing! I'm calling this yarn line "Swagger" because I truly believe that having socks out of this yarn will instantly add swagger to you. It is fingering weight with a luxurious blend of 80% supper wash merino, 10% cashmere and 10% nylon.

Then there is this skein of worsted BFL:


It is a test run of a custom colorway I was asked to design. I'm really happy with how this shade of pink turned out, and once again- I love the pops of color. I really think this one is going to knit up spectacularly! The actual custom order will be dyed on Calcaneus, but this particular skein would be perfect for a little girl's soaker.

Both of these skeins will be in the shop tomorrow- a week ahead of schedule. I'm not officially launching the new lines until Monday, Feb 28th, but I don't think it is fair to tantalize you with these pictures and not make them available for sale.

I've got one more element in store for this coming week. You'll have to check back then to find out the details!

As a side note- I apologize for the late-night pictures taken on the top of my computer. My old camera would have been able to crank out a decent photo even under those conditions, but alas, the lens is stuck and it won't turn on. Sigh. Sad face. If you can't tell from my complaining, I sure miss Keisha a lot! (Yes, my camera has a name. So do most of my other valuables.)

See everyone tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment