Tuesday, March 8, 2011

FO Duet

I have a new FO to show off- my Summer Squiggle Socks. These were part of the July sock club kit from Rae's Yarn Boutique. The pattern was designed by LynnH, and the yarn is Summer Love by Rita at the Yarn Hollow. 


I had finished the first sock last summer while we were on our mini vacation as a family, but once we got home (we're talking August) Christmas knitting sort of took over. As part of my self imposed sock of the month challenge this year, I decided to use February (the shortest month) to finish up the second sock. I didn't quite make it by the end of February, but it was close. My official finish date (ends woven in and everything) was this past Friday, March 4th. 

I'm pretty happy with them. It's nice to have a second pair of hand knit socks- my first ones could use some darning.









The second FO that I get to show off is not my own. It was knit by one of my customers out of some laceweight I had in the shop back in January. She knit up a beautiful morning dew (ravelry pattern) out of a skein of  "candy mountain" single ply laceweight.


I know some people don't like pooling that much, but look at those sleeves! I love the way the colors play in them.

A few more pictures of her modeling it:
Gorgeous lace isn't it?


Her husband says that he loves the colors of the yarn that "it's the nicest you've bought!" I thought that was a great compliment. I can't tell you how much joy it brings me to see finished objects that people have made using what I've created. Pure bliss!

And on that note, remember the sherbet fiber I showed you in a previous post? The one on merino silk? I  gave it to a friend of mine as part of a care package a group of us put together for her. She stopped in today and showed me this:

she got 558 yards of near laceweight single out of 4 oz of fiber!
She's looking for a pattern for it- if you've got any suggestions I'll be sure to pass them along. I'm pretty sure she'll let me blog about her FO when it's done too!

That's all for tonight. Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment