Monday, March 7, 2011

Lights!

Lights.

My dyeing studio is in the basement, where there is no natural light. (not like it would make a difference, most of the dyeing I do is at night once DJ is asleep) I've been working with one little light bulb...


...and not only that, but that little light bulb is located behind my back as I stand at my table. I have to lean to the side to cast any light at all on the project!

I've had two sets of florescent lights above the table, but they don't turn on when I flip their switch. My wise dad suggested that I try plugging a hair dryer into the circuit to see if the problem was the power source or the bulbs. It was the power source, which actually works out nicely for me. All I needed was to rig some extension cords and plug the lights into a wall socket, and:


I have light!

The dyeing table before:

The dyeing table after:

You can see the difference- even with the camera automatically adjusting for the different light levels.

That's my tale about light.

1 comment:

  1. wow. that is a dark basement. glad you have such a smart dad!

    ReplyDelete