Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Photo Catch-up

I keep taking pictures and meaning to share them with you, and then life gets in the way. But not tonight. Are you ready?

First, the shawl that I've been working on : (The test knit for LynnH- she blogged about it here)

is now done:

I needed a model, and DJ gladly obliged:

Last Thursday (Feb 24th) I had a mini trunk show at my Thursday morning knitting group (SSK) I had trouble fitting all of them on to one lonely table:

I have been dyeing some top, as I'm going to start carrying braids of fiber in my shop soon. Hopefully by the end of February. Just kidding- that was a typo. Let's try the end of March. Much better. Anyway, here is Sherbet on Merino/silk: (two sides to the same braid)


Here it is on Andrea (sorry, this particular skein is gone- I can always dye it again on any base you like!)

And again as top, this time Corridale:

Oh. This one is from a while ago. More top that I have dyed:

The one on the right? It's called "Madhouse" I'll be carrying a line of "madhouse" top in my shop, but they probably won't look quite like that one does...

I'm spinning that one up right now for my March spindlers challenge. (that's a link to the Raverly page) It's VERY crunchy wool, but to be honest, I rather like how it spins. I might be relegated to making pot scrubbers out of it, but at least the colors are playful?

I'll tell you more about my plans for madhouse later. I also wanted to show you the results of my February spinning challenge. It's fiber from the lovely ladies at Two if by Hand:

I might have finished (barely) my February spinning, but my February sock is still a work in progress. I'm too lazy to take a photograph right now to share, but I promise you'll see the finished product.

I'm headed off to bed now, but one more thing: That shawl I made? A little bigger (I.e.- make two) and you'd have a rocking skirt:

1 comment:

  1. You could almost try selling some of your pictures for people who love yarn!

    :) Beautiful colors. If I could afford your lovely yarn I would definitely buy some.

    ReplyDelete